Day of Liberty

photo-290.jpgBlogging, live from the Liberty Center… It’s been quite the long day. I was out late last night. We stayed at the diner after The Bridge til 3am, just talking in the parking lot. When I came home, I just got into bed and fell asleep without setting the alarm for an anticipated time of waking up. Those are some of the best sleeps, when you just let your body awaken of its own accord and not by the will of some vile mechanical noise-maker.

Anyway, I woke up at 11 today. It was great. I didn’t have to anywhere until 6 this evening. Well, when I got up I got a call from Carlos who was running late from a morning engagement and asked if I could go pick up the food for The Naked Truth‘s graduation ceremony today. I had nothing else to do in the afternoon, so I took a shower and headed out.

I got to Liberty shortly after 12:30 with the chicken and ribs. Janelle was the only one in the building at that point. They had the graduation ceremony shortly thereafter and I stuck around and took some pictures. After the ceremony ended, around 3, I just hung out in the Liberty because I had to be back in about 3 hours anyway.

SubstituteThen came Harold‘s concert. It was his CD release party today. Orginially I was going to completely handle the audio euipment and mixing for the entire thing. And then I wasn’t cause they were going to use someone from within the record label. And then I was again because they decided to go back with me, but they would provide the equipment and setup. I would only have to be there to run the board. And that was the assumption I was under today. But I got there and they had another sound tech working with the stuff. So I asked if I was still going to do it. They were unsure. And so I just hung out and waited. As it turned out, they asked me to run the light mixer for the show (about a half hour before the show actually began). And that is where I found myself.

photo-291.jpgNow the concert is over and I’m sitting on a couch in the lobby of the Liberty randomly blogging about my day. I’m pretty tired. I’ve been her, literally all day, and I think I’m going to pack up and head out.

Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do. I’ll post some pictures to Flickr tomorrow evening.

Peace be with you.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: